Cybercriminals seek passwords and credentials to enter networks and applications in order to monitor and steal data. Capture the flag exercises highlight how human attackers analyze email, files, documents, and unstructured data for credentials, while automated malware mainly focuses on structured data in web browsers and apps. Access Credentials are a top priority for attackers to successfully enter and move laterally within networks. Each successful step helps an attacker or malicious insider to stay quiet, preventing digital “noise” that might otherwise give them away. Knowing what attackers desire creates an opportunity for a deception defense with breadcrumbs and decoys; to lure, detect, and defend.
Threat Deception Solution :
- Detect attackers, malicious insiders, and malware inside networks and cloud environments
- Deliver high fidelity alerts with few or no false positives
- Automate investigation and response workflow steps
- Increase effectiveness and efficiency of security analysts
- Learn TTPs of attacks to improve security defenses